Being active

Being active

FAQs Activities

1. Face masks: Who has to wear a mask and in which places?

  • On public transport (including cable cars and funiculars), in food shops, at petrol stations and at post offices it is mandatory for all people to wear an FFP2 mask.
  • People who have not been vaccinated must wear an FFP2 mask in all shops (not only food shops).
  • In culture venues, people who have not either been vaccinated or had and recovered from Coronavirus must wear an FFP2 face mask. It is also recommended that people who have been vaccinated should wear an FFP2 face mask.
  • Locations where the “3G rule” applies do not require face masks to be worn. This also applies to members of staff working in locations where the “3G rule” applies.

2. Where does the 3G rule apply?

The “3G rule” (i.e. people must be tested, vaccinated or have had and recovered from Coronavirus) applies in the following locations:

  • hospitality
  • services with close physical contact
  • hotels and other accommodation providers
  • leisure attractions
  • culture venues (except museums, libraries and archives)
  • sports venues not open to the public
  • gatherings of 25 people or more
  • trade fairs, conferences, congresses
  • travel coaches and sightseeing ships

3. What it the situation when it comes to renting sports equipment?

  • All rental equipment is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each return.
  • Many places offer online booking for sports equipment rental.
  • If you are unable to take your holiday due to a travel warning, cancellation is generally free of charge.
  • Staggered collection and delivery times are used to avoid crowding.

4. Which rules apply to swimming pools and spa centres?

  • When entering swimming pools, saunas and spas, guests must take a test, show a negative test result, show a vaccination certificate or provide proof that they have had Covid-19.
  • In the sauna, please refrain from swirling a towel in the air to generate heat.

5. Shopping: What do I need to take into account when shopping?

  • FFP-2 masks must be worn in grocery stores
  • Please use contactless payment wherever possible

6. Will events take place in Tirol?

  • Gatherings of more than 100 persons must be registered.
  • Gatherings of more than 500 persons must be approved.
  • In principle, there are no maximum capacity limits.
  • At gatherings with more than 25 persons, the guests must either have a negative test, have proof of vaccination or be able to show a doctor’s certificate confirming that they have had and recovered from Covid-19. The organisers must check this.
  • The event organisers must develop a Covid-19 prevention concept and must appoint a Covid-19 officer.
  • You can find more details about seminars and conferences (MICE) here.

7. Art and culture: What do I have to know?

  • Theatre, opera, cinema: When entering the building, guests must take a test, provide proof of a negative test, show a vaccination certificate or provide proof that they have already had Covid-19.
  • Guests must register when entering (name and contact details).

8. Questions about Events, Congresses, Incentives and Conventions in Tirol. Who should I contact?

The experts of the Convention Bureau Tirol are glad to answer any of your specific questions with regard to the MICE area.

9. Which rules apply to indoor sports?

At sports venues where it is likely that visitors will be in close contact with other people for an extended period of time, guests must provide a negative lateral flow antigen test, a doctor's certificate that they have had and recovered from Coronavirus or been vaccinated.

10. Long-distance hiking trails: Which rules do I need to know about?

  • Mountain huts are classified as accommodation providers. This means anyone wishing to access such a hut must comply with the Three Gs rule (getestet, geimpft, genesen: ie. they must have a valid negative test, proof of vaccination or proof that they have had and recovered from Coronavirus).
  • If it is not possible to complete a test at an accredited test centre in the valley or a do-it-yourself lateral flow test with digital readout in the mountains (e.g. because you have no internet connection to upload the result of the DIY test and receive the official confirmation certificate), there is the option of carrying out what is known as an "emergency test". This means you complete a do-it-yourself lateral flow test in front of a member of staff from the hut (in this case it is not necessary to upload the result). If this test is negative then you will be granted access to the hut.
  • Please be aware that "emergency tests" are only valid at the hut where you take the test – for a period of no more than 24 hours. If you move on to another hut then you must complete the same procedure again to be granted access to the hut (lateral flow test observed by a member of staff).