Important! This site contains information on the situation which will apply after the end of the lockdown. Austria is currently subject to restrictions on entering the country and also has rules in place on leaving the home and meeting other people. Hospitality locations, hotels and other accommodation providers will remain closed until at least the end of February 2021. Any decision on opening hotels and hospitality will be based in particular on the number of new infections. A meeting of experts will take place on 1 March 2021 to discuss the next steps. Since 12.02.2021 a negative Covid test is required in order to travel out of Tirol. This test must be no more than 48 hours old. East Tirol is exempt from this rule.
1. What are the rules on public transport and ski buses?
All buses, trains and trams are currently running according to schedule.The following rules apply to all public transport (including ski buses):
- An FFP2 face mask must be worn on public transport and at all platforms, railway stations, bus stops and tram stops.
- Do not use public transport if you feel unwell.
- Maintain a safe distance of at least 2 metres to other passengers. This rule does not have to be obeyed if it is physically impossible to maintain this distance due to the large number of people travelling and when getting on and getting off.
- Wherever possible, purchase tickets online or from ticket machines.
2. Where can I find current timetables and further information?
3. Which rules apply in taxis?
- On all public transport it is important to wear an FFP2 face mask and to maintain social distancing as far as possible.
- When using a taxi, we recommend sitting as far away as possible from the driver (i.e. on the rear right seat) and to refrain from using the passenger seat.
- Each row of the vehicle (including the driver’s row) can be used by a maximum of 2 people. This means:
- vehicles with five seats can carry a maximum of three passengers,
- vehicles with nine seats can carry a maximum of five passengers,
- vehicles with nine seats and four rows can carry a maximum of seven passengers.
- This rule applies to passengers who do not live in the same household.
- If possible, pay for your taxi online or using contactless card payment to reduce physical contact to a minimum.
4. Can I hire a vehicle?
Here you will find about current measures in place that make renting a vehicle as easy and safe as possible:
- Vehicles are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before delivery to the customer.
- Reservations can be booked and managed online at almost all companies.
- Safety precautions and rules on social distancing are observed and contact is kept to a minimum when handing over the vehicle to the customer.