Important! There are currently restrictions in place in Austria on entering the country, leaving your home and meeting with other people. Hospitality locations, accommodation providers and leisure facilities are scheduled to re-open with certain restrictions in place from 19 May 2021.
1. What are the rules on public transport?
All buses, trains and trams are currently running according to schedule.The following rules apply to all public transport (including ski buses):
- An FFP2 face mask must be worn on public transport and at all platforms, railway stations, bus stops and tram stops.
- Do not use public transport if you feel unwell.
- Maintain a safe distance of at least 2 metres to other passengers. This rule does not have to be obeyed if it is physically impossible to maintain this distance due to the large number of people travelling and when getting on and getting off.
- Wherever possible, purchase tickets online or from ticket machines.
2. Where can I find current timetables and further information?
3. Which rules apply in taxis?
- Passengers must wear an FFP2 face mask. Drivers must take a Covid-19 test at least every 7 days and be able to provide proof of a negative test. Drivers who have not been tested must wear an FFP2 face mask when passengers are in the vehicle.
- When using a taxi, we recommend sitting as far away as possible from the driver (i.e. on the rear right seat) and to refrain from using the passenger seat.
- Each row of the vehicle (including the driver’s row) can be used by a maximum of 2 people. This means:
- vehicles with five seats can carry a maximum of three passengers,
- vehicles with nine seats can carry a maximum of five passengers,
- vehicles with nine seats and four rows can carry a maximum of seven passengers.
- This rule applies to passengers who do not live in the same household.
- If possible, pay for your taxi online or using contactless card payment to reduce physical contact to a minimum.
4. Can I hire a vehicle?
Here you will find about current measures in place that make renting a vehicle as easy and safe as possible:
- Vehicles are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before delivery to the customer.
- Reservations can be booked and managed online at almost all companies.
- Safety precautions and rules on social distancing are observed and contact is kept to a minimum when handing over the vehicle to the customer.