Frequently asked questions on travelling to and from Tirol.
1. Are there currently any travel warnings in place for Tirol?
You will find all the latest travel warnings for Tirol here.
2. Travelling to Tirol. What do I need to know?
Travelling to Tirol from countries and territories with a low epidemiological risk (Annex 1)
- People can come to Tirol from these countries for any reasons – including tourism.
The latest information on entering Tirol from virus variant areas and states (Annex 2) and other states and areas can be found on this website of the Austrian Federal Government.
3. What do I need to know when travelling to Germany?
- People travelling to Germany must observe the 3G Rule (vaccinated, recovered, tested - lateral flow or PCR) when entering from a country that is classified as virus variant area.
- The Robert Koch Institute (RKI), Germany's national health agency, emphasises that the status of countries can be changed (for example from low risk to high risk) at short notice.
An overview of the COVID-19 test centres in Tirol can be found in the section Staying healthy.
For more information on travel rules for various countries please see the section "Travel warnings" in our COVID19-dashboard.
4. Travelling through Germany to Tirol. Which rules do I need to know about?
- People arriving via the Schengen Area must be aware of and adhere to the travel rules in Austria.
- Please also make sure you are aware of the rules in the countries you will be travelling through.
- Here you will find information on travel restrictions, testing rules and quarantine rules provided by the German Foreign Office.
5. Arriving by car. What do I need to know?
6. Arriving by train. What do I need to know?
- Long-distance trains to Austria are operating according to the regular timetable.
- FFP2 masks are recommended on public transport.
7. Arriving by air. What do I need to know?
- For the latest flight schedules and safety information, please visit the airline's website.
- Continuously updated information can be found on the website of Innsbruck Airport as well as at the other relevant airports for people travelling to Tirol by air: Munich Airport, Salzburg Airport und Zurich Airport.
8. Transfers to train stations and airports. What do I need to know?
- During your journey home, we kindly ask you to observe the rules and regulations on the respective means of transport as well as in railway stations, airports and other waiting areas.
- We recommend planning extra time for your departure due to changes in security checks at airports and stricter rules aimed at limiting the spread of the Coronavirus.